Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Florence, Would You Like to Dance?

Saturday night, our older daughter hosted a story slam in Oakland. A good dozen storytellers gathered for food, drink and nourishing stories.

The topic was "Helping." You might read that "Helping" - as in FOOD, or as in ASSISTANCE.

I took a day off, mid-way through a twelve day stint at helping out here in Oakland with my amazing four year old granddaughter, to visit a friend in Sonoma on Saturday. During the hour drive up and another hour back, I thought about helping.

Physical helping, mental/emotional helping, and spiritual helping... not so much into helpings of food.

It struck me that the third category was the story that wanted to be told.

Here is the link to hearing it. You may need to turn your volume up full blast. Evidently, I need help in projecting!

http://vimeo.com/72629418#signin

If it asks for a password, it is grammy

The song, "Agatha Fry" is from the 1970's album, "Free to Be You and Me" by Marlo Thomas and friends. You hear my daughter and her beau singing along with me towards the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment