Monday, October 8, 2018

Sugar Highs and Political Lows

I ate a lot of buttercream frosting atop glorious and gloptious gluten-free cupcakes Friday night at a women's retreat half way up Mount Tamalpais.

Surprise!

My beloved husband conspired with a neighbor who also went to the retreat to schlep up forty cupcakes and waxen numerals he'd purchased so I would remember he loved me on my big "Seven-Oh."

The gals all sang the traditional song to me. I was totally surprised.

On Saturday, we heard the news about the confirmation of a Supreme Court Justice who seems to be unable to control his temper. I do not believe he has the temperament of one who is supposed to be able to review cases with impartiality. Saturday was a sadder day than anyone at the retreat would have preferred.

We stood and sang "We Shall Overcome." I was totally overcome.

I hope we may not be in danger of returning to darker ages in this country when only illegal abortions in shadowy circumstances were available, and the harming of women in this and other ways was even more common than it is today. 

Is anyone listening? 

It is hard to hold up half the sky while trying to keep your panties up and fighting off drunken and determined, or sober and sinister overly entitled men.

May you VOTE for what you believe in. Vote to preserve the goodness of a three part government of, for and BY the people, rather than voting for pawns of oligarchs.

Rape is not healthy for Mother Earth or other living beings.


No comments:

Post a Comment