Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Inter-Generational Bird Rescues

My daughter told me about the special day she and her daughter had. They rescued a fallen robin and took it to a wild-life sanctuary that had its own museum. Because they brought Mr. Birdie in, they got to tour the museum free… and have a LOT of fun learning in the process. Mosa (my daughter) was calling to say thank you for modeling what to do with fallen baby birds. We had a LOT of experience when she and her sister were younger. It's just what needs to be done, right? 

We both laughed at the memory of three mocking birds Mosa and her friend Karen found at the base of a tree on Benedict Canyon. Karen's folks wouldn't allow them to stay at their house.

We had a large enough cage that the three flightless wonders were happy and sassy and safe from the four cats, while they grew flying feathers. I do have, somewhere, an iconic photo of the cats on one side of the glass door staring in at "Smack, Crapple, and Plop," which were happily jumping from perch to perch in the dining room. I think the cats were drooling.


I'm glad the art of bird rescue is being passed to the next (nest?) generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment