Monday, July 30, 2012

Insomnia


Is it the chocolate? or the looming list of to do’s?
Is it restless leg? or restless mind?
To hell with it. If contemplating mopping all the wood floors in the house doesn’t make me snore immediately, then I must get up and tend to the mind-chatter more aggressively.
Grrrrrrrr.... the mind is a dog with a bone; a ruminating cow regurgitating its cud to chew adnauseam. 
Ujjayi breathing sometimes does the trick. Not tonight. Reading sometimes puts me out. Not tonight. 
Ooops! I missed my meditation today. Hit the cushion. Orient... earth, sky, front of my body, back of my body, right side, left side, outside, inside... pray, chant. Empty mind is restful mind. That’s better!

Sleepin' like a ba...
ZZZzzzzzzzzz....



Photo by Anne Geddes

No comments:

Post a Comment