Monday, February 12, 2018

Pens and Needles

41 women who quilt, write or make other art

30 plus sewing machines and assorted craft tables

12 meals

6 writers

5 days

4 yoga classes

3 hikes

2 hours for

1 delicious closing night of sew, show and tell your story

=  Infinite Fun!

I got to be one of six writers. Each of us had our own beautiful space at The Bishop's Ranch in Healdsburg, (wine country, wild flowers, April in February weather) California. I also got to teach the yoga classes ~ primarily sitting poses to do at a desk or sewing table and deep relaxation pose.

A new Nor Cal hiking buddy invited me to the retreat and asked if I would teach yoga. Yes. YES!
I knew those half-dozen gals who've hiked with Judy and me.

Now, I'm hooked. Having one foot in each camp, I spent some time with the sewing crowd in the generous Pavilion space while working on an art project, and the remainder in my room over looking the pool in the distance and the grape arbor that meanders down hill. Never a moment for idle hands. Knitting, while wine and cheese  tasting from end of yoga class to start of dinner. Opportunities abounded for walks, strolls, or climbing mountains. Got up-close-and personal with cows in the pasture being herded home for milking Wednesday afternoon. Their soft browns looked us square in the eye as they passed by, number tags flickering on their twitching ears in the dappled oak-shaded sun. Peace Pole at the top of a hill with prayer flags fluttering on the breeze. Watch out for cow pies. So fresh from the source.

In March these amazing quilters show their stuff at "Voices in Cloth," a weekend-long quilt show.

We writers have projects that may take longer to come to fruition, but what a shot in the arm to have dedicated time and space for our craft.

Goddess willing and the creek don't rise... I'll be back next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment