Monday, July 24, 2017

Resetting Through Contact... and lack of connectivity


Flame-Skimmer Dragonfly


Re-set through Nature.

Camping at Pismo early last week, I felt the mantle of worry, drudgery, and world horror lift off of my shoulders. I stood taller when I got home. Just a couple of nights close to nature, sleeping on the ground, and I'm rejuvenated. Imagine what would happen if I had a steady diet of the natural world.

Working in the garden is pretty tame, but it does give me a lift to be in it, and to have a radio break.

Hiking once a month with a gaggle of gals is pleasant enough, but solitude in nature is most rejuvenating, most efficient for re-setting my nervous system to neutral. 

Is it technology that gets me hyped up? Is it the pace of connectivity? Speaking for myself, I don't think my innards jive with cell phones and computers all that well. I think my squishy parts are more in tune with trees, grass, sand, water, mud and dirt. 

Nobody but a rosebush knows
How good mud feels between the toes.

I do too. 

Looking forward to another camping trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment