Sunday, April 30, 2017

How Do I Love Thee?

Let me count the years...

45!

That's no jive

Where'd they go?
This we know:

One love ablazing
Beach walks and star-gazing

Two daughters growing
Balls and clay pots throwing

Three homes in So Cal
Four if you count Nor Cal

Five golden decades

Six brand new roofs
Never without goofs

Seven year old grandie
In our hearts she's handy

Eight small creatures
Most with furry features

Nine cats with nine lives
Boa who gave Mark hives

Ten + years of camping
Joyous wild foot stamping

Eleven some-odd cars
Some did not go far

Dozens of plane trips
Cousins and friendships

Oodles of weddings
Too many dead things

Wouldn't trade a minute
Nor all the love within it

For me there's no one dearer
I'd like to keep him near here

Alas his passion calls him
Summer camp enthralls him

As long as he comes home
He is my bon homme

Joyoux Aniversair to you
April 30, 1972




No comments:

Post a Comment