Sunday, March 26, 2017

SPROING!!

Spring has been spoinging here where I live. Just opening the front door is a scent-sory rich experience. Soft flower fragrances are floating intoxicatingly on the breezes, as are the actual plum blossom petals on the “hummingbird” tree. (I’ve hung a sugar water feeder in the plum tree that is in full view while I'm standing at the kitchen sink.)  It fascinates me to watch the little territorial terrorists dive bomb one another and to hear their chitter chatter of what are surely four letter tweets. 

Warm sun and cool rains make the whole world come alive!

Overnight, it seems the green edges of the front garden increase, taking over the bark cover. Low-growing weeds are fairly easy to up root since the ground is so saturated. (Nine inches of rain fell during the last storm!) The back yard is a different story. Waist high grasses have been sproinging up IN the rain. Too wet and too steep out back to pull them out in between storms. I give up. Weeds win. 

Last week during two dry days, my beloved and I got out there with an on-loan weed whacker. Swiftly, the waist high sticker-ball-burrs, mallow, wild oats (fox tails), and clocks went from vertical jungle to “lawn.” How it all grows out of the weed retardant (ha ha) black cloth and bark cover is a mystery. I'm simultaneously impressed and depressed by the amount of work involved in taming weeds. Who needs a gym?


May the joys of spring, in all its glorious fullness, be yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment