Sunday, November 27, 2016

Sugar Stupor

Aww, shucks, folks, I'm speechless. That's what the Cowardly Lion says in the 1939 MGM movie, The Wizard of Oz.

Thanksgiving here was so luscious and sweet, that I'm still in a sugar shock stupor and tryptophan torpor.

Even though older daughter Mosa has perfected the high art of the paleo dessert spectrum and she brought coconut cream flavored with chocolate, vanilla, AND essence of pumpkin pie, and the coconut sugar doesn't spike as  huge a sugar rush as refined white sugar, if you eat enough of the stuff, sugar is sugar and it is addictive and it now has me in its clutches. I'm a full-on addict with the sweets.

PLUS, all the persimmons our neighbor gave us last week came ripe at the same moment. I had to make persimmon bread yesterday. Wheat-free, Sugar-free, Taste-free... except for the store-bought chocolate chips. I've eaten half a loaf. Gave the neighbor the other loaf. Whewh!

Then, there was the Trader Joe's Babka, and the flourless chocolate cake from Crixa Café. Wowwie wow wow! Did I mention Ginger Beer? Oy. Pass the Ajax, please, I need to scour my teeth.

May all be well this POST Thanksgiving week with you and your dear ones. May you have a naturally sweet December, unfettered by dastardly doses of dulces

No comments:

Post a Comment