Sunday, April 24, 2016

Espresso

Nephew Alex Gutierrez-Kovner and his band Espresso put together an album of their music. It's called Espresso: Triple Shot. They call the genre"Funk Rock."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrOKUO2Pb7w

Part rap, part instrumental - strongly rhythmic on some cuts and incredibly lyrical on others, fun lyrics. Enjoy!

Alex is the one in green pants and/or wearing glasses and playing bass. Very talented nephew!


* * * * * * * * *


My soon to be son-in-law just celebrated a birthday. He prefers really strong coffee... so that's what we sent him. Only within the last couple years did I learn that espresso has less caffeine than regular "leaded" coffee. I love it! I prefer it black, bitter, and strong. Americano is espresso with hot water added to make a full cup. I could nurse a cup of any coffee for hours in the insulated Contigo cup I prefer. I just love the taste of it on my tongue. D.A. is what I am... Definitely Addicted. But, hey! I get so much more done in a day when it includes café!


* * * * * * * * *


At Los Angeles City College in 1968, I had a Spanish class that held an end-of-year pot luck. We students were from all over the world. One gal brought home made baklava; another homemade sushi. A guy brought Turkish coffee. Teeny tiny little cups were filled with something that looked like the kind of black oily sand I remember playing in at El Segundo Beach when I was a kid. It smelled GREAT! The coffee that is. The teeny tiny spoons that accompanied the brew stood up in the cups of goo! It was sweet as it sat on the tongue with a thickness and powdery texture that took some getting used to. I could get used to it. That was beyond espresso!







No comments:

Post a Comment