Monday, January 4, 2016

Revolting Resolution

Bah Humbug…

That’s how I’m feeling about this new year at the moment.

Too much free-floating sugar in my system to feel much of anything, really. Numbed. Bombed on ginger snaps and chocolates, my mind is a-gog with a fog. And I didn't even have ANY eggnog! Dairy's effects on me are immediate and gross. That's a no brainer. Sugar is more insidious.

New year’s resolutions are made because we feel less than our ideal selves. We vow to change. I don’t seem to have the will to shift the sh** that’s troubling me. Too easy to walk into the pantry and scarf down the last few of the once delicious shortbread’s crumbly bits,

Sigh… The bag is now empty.

I vow to wow myself by exorcising all comestible sugar from the pantry. I resolve to acknowledge that the yeastie beasties are willful and want to be fed, but that I’m more cunning than they are, and that I CAN and WILL triumph over the little parasites. I sympathize with their suffering.

Tough Shift

No comments:

Post a Comment