Sunday, May 24, 2015

Memorializing

To Memorialize means to remember those who have departed this earthly plane. Today, I’m thinking about my dad, who, were he still alive, would have been 104 last May 13.

His service in the military lasted only six months. He was allergic to everything, so was given medical discharge.

I know nothing of his service to our country.

My Uncle Larry, on the other hand, who has been a constant in my life since I was born, has shared many stories of being in Czechoslovakia, France and Germany during WWII. He just turned 91 on May 10.

Older brother Mel gave six years in the Navy during the Viet Nam war. He’s still walking this good Red Road of Life, not the Blue Road of Spirit. I can remember him today, even so.


May you and your best beloveds enjoy a day of remembrance and eat well!

No comments:

Post a Comment