Sunday, December 8, 2013

Borogrove Mimsy...Screeners and Dreamers


Holiday hell-a-day hula day thrill

Whimsical Musical some vital fill

Why’re you, flier through plier too down?

People‘re steeple air feeble in town



Fly away try ‘n’ weigh Myron Q. dog

Mail away, sail away, trail a wee frog

Stitchery kitcherie split, dearie do

When’re you blender woo splendor to you?



Finery Spinery winery  Patch

Flagrantly fragrantly open the hatch

Mistletoe, thistle dough trestle the train

Fatuous, platypus out in the rain



Spinning wheel winning feel primal again

Gaining ground waning mound moon beams on hen

Holly Daze, Polly Graze piddly plays suck

Hooligan drool again who likes a duck?



Log on the fire, of blogging I tire, Playing with words to churn mud

Mind is a muddle I’d rather cuddle or bite my nails ‘til there’s blood

This is no fun, today, there’s no sun and I’m up a tree in the rain

So fetch me a log and sit while I blog with rhythms that leap from my brain.

The end.


Watching screeners all this week has left plot lines planted in my dreams...

Inside Llewyn Davis, American Hustle, The Hunger Games (first one), White Lies... all are entering into my sleep time. By the time 4am rolls around, I’m tossed and turned by the tide of images so that all I can do is get up and putter around the house. They say the surest cure for insomnia is to think about mopping the kitchen floor... you’ll go right out... they say. And if not, the floor will get cleaned.

The other morning, so early, all was dark out except for this...


Who spilled moonlight on the floor?

I tripped and slipped on three silver drops 

Which spun me into a silver-threaded dream.

Whoever you are, 

THANK YOU for the silver slippers.

I will look for you again 

On the floor

So I can dance

Next lunar cycle.

The very very very ve-ry end... a book report on Peter Raaaabit...

No comments:

Post a Comment