Sunday, June 16, 2013

Freeway Zipper Unstuck


zipper 

sticky

two lines 

of cars 

merging 

into

one lane

metal

nubbins

one then

other

right then

left and

then there’s

nothing

moving

‘cause the

stream comes

to a

stand still

sticky 

zipper

freeway

not free

no flow

at all

stuck fast

no go

go slow

zipper

is STUCK!

how long

'til we

glide smooth

again?

ray-dee-

oh, good

comp-an

knee, yay!

now there’s 

movement

zipper

zipping

cars move

again

onto

freeway

yippy

zipper

unstuck


My beloved asks, "Do you know why they call it the '405?'" 

"No, I don't."

"Because you don't know if it will take you FOUR o' FIVE hours to get where you're going!"

Recently, the transition from the 101 to the 405 was so slow that my charmin' Garmin GPS screen asked me if I wanted to switch to Pedestrian Mode. Alone in the car, I laughed out loud. If I COULD have ditched the car and walked to Santa Monica, it might have been faster.

Curious, Sunday afternoon, to see the line-up of cars at the Forest Lawn exit in both directions off the 134. So sad. Too many dead dads. Now, we know where all the flowers have gone!

Hoping you had a pleasant day in which to remember the dads who may be close to your heart.

My favorite father is very lively and he's the one my children are lucky enough to call "Dad." 

Feliz dia de los padres, Pun!



No comments:

Post a Comment