Monday, May 20, 2013

Grand Night for Flying...


A fish flops into the bay as if thrown. No one is around. Then, another flops, and another and another. My heart beats faster. It’s my very first real sighting of flying fish!

Mission Bay, San Diego, California, USA, May 17, 2013.

They’re REAL, not just some fictional CGI critters as in Life of Pi, and not just “fish out of water”, but rather creatures at the effect of some strong life force impelling them upward.

The correlations I make between fish leaping in - what... joy? biological imperative? - and the healing and returning resilience I’m privileged to witness in people at this Advanced Training in Somatic Experiencing, as each participant sheds limiting beliefs and constrictions in the nervous system, seem credible to me. The same upward rising impulse is present in each. There’s just no knowing how that thrust of life longing for itself will manifest.

It’s grand to be gob-smacked with delight at this wacky universe, and I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment