Sunday, April 15, 2012

Napster


Sweet napping sitting up as springy grass springs green on the hills undulating outside the rolled-up windows. 
Hard traveling down the 5.

Honey driving us homeward. 
Illicit dozing. Shouldn’t I be keeping him company? 
Shouldn’t I be available every second while he efforts? 
I cannot help the drowzies leaking into my ears, eyes and toes and filling my limbs with sand. 
Sun magnified by glass heats me. 
My foot is on the dashboard so the AC vent specifically freezes my calf. 
What is that old adage? 
If my hair is on fire and I’m sitting on a block of ice my average temperature is normal. Overall, too contented to budge.
Cozy-dozy napping. Nodding. So yummy.
Home again. My battery re-charging ritual must  continue, flesh to earth.
Supine on the grass
ebony shine of crow wing
hiccup in the light
Sunlight through lashes
refreshed by golden sun-drops
ants tickle bare feet

I love a good nap. They are rare. The best are the minis that come unannounced and welcomed.

A cat in some incarnation or other, I prefer hidden places.

Dibs on sun-warmed window sills behind bulky over-stuffed chairs.

Snooze you lose? 

Not in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment